Powered By Blogger

NOTE

For your convenience, please select a story or category on your right. =D

Assumptions
11:54 PM | Author: Sarah
She browses through the shelves, randomly picking a book and reading its cover. Well perhaps not so random as she only picks the books with interesting covers or titles. She moves slowly from one shelf to another, killing time. Great! Another two hours waiting for mom, she groans to herself.

She picks up Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and smiles. It is her favourite book of all time, she has read the book countless of times and she can never get tired of the story. The pairing of strong-headed Elizabeth with the misunderstood Mr Darcy is just the ultimate love story in her opinion. How she wishes for her own Mr Darcy! But of course, there is a reason why it is a fictional story.

As she puts the book down, she notices the boy that just entered the bookstore. Wow, he is good looking and well built! Must be a jock. Oh and I love how he messed up his hair, she thinks. She glances at him and as his roaming eyes meet hers, she quickly looks back at the shelf in front of her. Daring herself, she tilts her head up slightly and peeks at him. He is two shelves ahead of her and is reading the cover of a book. Obviously he did not even notice me. Well, who would? My hair seems to be a mess today, I'm not dressed to kill. I'm so plain and boring. And probably his super hot girlfriend will enter any minute now. I'm not the pretty type, not his type anyway. She does a mental check of her appearance and sighs to herself. Slowly, she drags herself to the shelves behind her.

~.~.~

The first person the boy notices as he steps into the bookstore is the girl holding the Jane Austen book. He could not help but to look at her, somehow she seems to stand out in this crowded place. She is pretty. I love how she dresses, it's simple unlike what most girls wear nowadays, he thinks. And when their eyes meet briefly, he wishes he could freeze that moment. She turned away so quickly, surely she takes no interest in me, he sighs.

He walks to a shelf and pretends to read a book. When he thinks that she will not notice, he steals a glance at her again. She seems quite engrossed in looking at the shelves, her eyes darting left and right. If only she will look at me, he wishes silently. And then she moves further behind, clearly oblivious to his existence. Ah well, even if she did see me she probably thinks I'm am all brawn but no brains guy. She seems smart so her boyfriend must be one of those honour students who excels in everything. Why would she like a jock anyway?

He glances at his mobile phone and realizes that his mom has sent him a text asking him to pick her up from her work place. Well, I guess I better go now, he says to himself. Taking one last look at the girl who has now picked up a book to read, he leaves the bookstore. I wonder when I might see her again. Probably never.

~.~.~

Her eyes follow the back of the boy's head as he leaves the store. Must be off to see his girlfriend who sent him a message, I suppose. Sighing, she returns the book she is holding back to its original place. She glances at her watch and realizes that only seven minutes have passed. Wow, brilliant! I now have an hour and 53 minutes until mom is done, she groans. She picks up another book, trying to read it but all the while thinking about the boy who has just left. Most likely he would not remember me at all. Oh wait, he probably did not even see me! I guess I'll never see him again anyway.
This entry was posted on 11:54 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 comments:

On August 2, 2011 at 5:54 PM , Shu said...

What a pity!